merges several output .mat files into one.
This data tool lets you collect the output .mat files from several runs, for instance, as might be created by running CellProfiler in batch mode.
MergeOutputFiles is a pure data tool; you cannot use it as a module, and it will generate an error if you try to do so. To use it as a data tool, choose it from the Data Tools menu to bring up the MergeOutputFiles dialog.
The dialog has the following parts:
- Destination file: This is the name of the file that will be created. The file will contain all merged input data files in MATLAB format.
- File list: The file list is the box with the columns, "Folder" and "File". It will be empty until you add files using the "Add..." button. Measurement files are written out to the destination file in the order they appear in this list. You can select multiple files in this box to move them up or down or to remove them.
- Add button: Brings up a file chooser when you press it. You can select multiple files from the file chooser and they will be added in alphabetical order to the bottom of the current list of files.
- Remove button: Removes all currently selected files from the list.
- Up button: Moves the currently selected files up in the list.
- Down button: Mves the currently selected files down in the list.
- OK button:Accepts the file list and writes it to the output.
- Cancel button: Closes the dialog without performing any operation.
Once merged, this output file will be compatible with other data tools. Output files can be quite large, so prior to merging, be sure that the total size of the merged output file is of a reasonable size to be opened on your computer (based on the amount of memory available on your computer). It may be preferable instead to import data from individual output files directly into a database using ExportDatabase as a data tool.
See also CreateBatchFiles, ExportToDatabase.