assigns plate metadata to image sets.
assigns a plate number, well and site number to each image set based on the order in which they are processed. You can use Label Images
to add plate and well metadata for images loaded using Order
for "Image set matching order" in NamesAndTypes
. < b>LabelImages assumes the following are true of the image order:
- Each well has the same number of images (i.e., sites) per channel.
- Each plate has the same number of rows and columns, so that the total number of images per plate is the same.
- Metadata_Plate: The plate number, starting at 1 for the first plate.
- Metadata_Well: The well name, e.g., A01.
- Metadata_Row: The row name, starting with A for the first row.
- Metadata_Column: The column number, starting with 1 for the first column.
- Metadata_Site: The site number within the well, starting at 1 for the first site
See also the Metadata module.
Number of image sites per well
This setting controls the number of image sets for each well
Number of columns per plate
Enter the number of columns per plate
Number of rows per plate
The number of rows per plate
Order of image data
This setting specifies how the input data is ordered (assuming
that sites within a well are ordered consecutively):
- Row:: The data appears by row and then by column. That is,
all columns for a given row (e.g. A01, A02, A03...) appear consecutively, for
each row in consecutive order.
- Column: The data appears by column and then by row. That is,
all rows for a given column (e.g. A01, B01, C01...) appear consecutively, for
each column in consecutive order.
For instance, the SBS Bioimage example (available
has files that are named:
You would use "Row" to label these because the ordering
is by row and then by column.