Flip and rotate
flips (mirror image) and/or rotates an image
- Rotation: Angle of rotation for the input image.
Select method to flip image
Select how the image is to be flipped.
Select method to rotate image
- Do not rotate: Leave the image unrotated. This should be used
if you want to flip the image only.
- Enter angle: Provide the numerical angle by which the
image should be rotated.
- Enter coordinates: Provide the X,Y pixel locations of
two points in the image that should be aligned horizontally or
- Use mouse: CellProfiler will pause so you can select the
rotation interactively. When prompted during the analysis run, grab the image by
clicking the left mouse button, rotate the image by
dragging with the mouse, then release the mouse button. Press the Done button on the image
after rotating the image appropriately.
Crop away the rotated edges?
(Used only when rotating images)
When an image is rotated, there will be black space at the
corners/edges; select Yes
to crop away the incomplete rows
and columns of the image, or select No
to leave it as-is.
This cropping will produce an image that
is not exactly the same size as the original, which may affect
(Used only when using "Use mouse" to rotate images)
Select the cycle(s) at which the calculation is requested and calculated.
- Individually: Determine the amount of rotation for each image
individually, e.g., for each cycle.
- Only Once: Define the rotation only once (on the first image), then
then apply it to all images.
Select how the specified points should be aligned
(Used only when using "Enter coordinates" to rotate images)
Specify whether you would like the coordinate points that
you entered to be horizontally or
vertically aligned after the rotation is complete.
Enter angle of rotation
(Used only when using "Enter angle" to rotate images)
Enter the angle you would like to rotate the image.
This setting is in degrees, with positive angles corresponding
to counterclockwise and negative as clockwise.